Gallery of Mayors
The town of DuPont comprised DuPont Company employees and their families when they incorporated in 1912. This allowed the DuPont Clubhouse to serve alcohol, saving residents a trip to Tacoma and reducing absenteeism at the plant. In the prohibition era, the town voted to dis-incorporate in 1926 (May G. Munyan, Du Pont: The Story of a Company Town). The City of DuPont reincorporated in 1951 with 600 residents.
Below is a Gallery of the Mayors who have served the City of Dupont from 1912 to present day.